[Geysers] Help Needed (Stephens)

Lee_Whittlesey at nps.gov Lee_Whittlesey at nps.gov
Mon Mar 26 06:31:33 PDT 2012

Yep it's Shelf Spring. See the cover of my book YELLOWSTONE PLACE NAMES
(2006 edition).

Lee Whittlesey

             Lynn Stephens
             <lstephens2006 at ho
             tmail.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  <geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu>
             <geysers-bounces@                                          cc
             lists.wallawalla.
             edu>                                                  Subject
                                       Re: [Geysers] Help Needed
                                       (Stephens)
             03/25/2012 07:13
             PM

             Please respond to
                  Geyser
                Observation
                  Reports
             <geysers at lists.wa
               llawalla.edu>

Thank you to all of you who responded, either directly to me and/or through
the listserv.

The consensus seems to be that the pool is Shelf Spring and that the
photographer was referring to "Pink Cone."  After comparison with a picture
I took in the mid 2000's when I was (legally, with NPS permission and
accompanied by a person in uniform) able to view Shelf Spring from the
immediate vicinity, I agree.

And yes, Udo, gazers find a variety of ways to get their geyser fix when
they can't get to the Park!

Geysers mailing list
Geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu