[Geysers] Black Diamond 3/12/12

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:14:00 PDT 2012

Guide Cythia Knapp and her visitors saw Black Diamond erupt reportedly to 80-100 feet near 1220 today.  She was in the parking lot at Biscuit when her folks asked "is that normal?"  She turned around just in time.

The eruption was black in color, ejected rocks, and Pepper erupted black afterwards.  The duration was very brief.

Guides reported yesterday 3/11 that the area was murky, but had been clear and turquoise in color the day before, but no one witnessed an eruption.  I was skiing in the basin yesterday and saw the muddy runoff.  I'll attach smartphone photos in a separate email.

Carolyn Loren