[Geysers] Morning 1040 06/21/12

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Thu Jun 21 19:40:15 PDT 2012

I heard reports that Morning was "200 feet."  Just FYI, Sam Martinez and
Rick H measured about 140 feet from the boardwalk to the approximate center
of Morning's crater (a quick check on Google Maps pretty much confirms
this).  For those fortunate to see Morning, 200 ft eruption heights would
make an angle as seen from the boardwalk of 55 degrees.

I am not saying it didn't erupt that high - I have seen bursts that were
titanic.  But we can all remember that 140 foot baseline when WE get to
estimate its height.

Paul Strasser