[Geysers] History of Morning Geyser

Bill Johnson canbelto at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 17:08:35 PDT 2012

Exciting news!  (Although I do wish it had happened a week earlier, when I
was in the park. :-) )

My wife asks a good question: is there any possible connection between this
activity and the recent irregularity of Fountain Geyser?  One thing I
didn't report from last week's visit was that Fountain intervals were
apparently rather erratic -- again, those with more complete times than I
can tell that story better, but it wasn't its old reliable 6- or 12-hour
self.  Is there enough on Morning's past history to know whether comparable
breaks in Fountain's routine preceded its previous eruptions?  That's
probably all the "connection" that one can hope for, but it would be
interesting if the answer was yes.

-- Bill Johnson