[Geysers] Lemon Spring and Jelly Geyser

Maureen Edgerton mauree0258 at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 12:35:57 PDT 2012

Hello everyone.  I am on the Firehole Lake Drive road most every day and I have seen Lemon Spring almost empty on more than one occasion and a foot or more from overflow very often since the road opened in late May.  I have seen gazers taking photos of this as well, and maybe someone will share a photo to let the listserv folks see what is going on...?

As Karen mentioned, she was by more than once in the same day and found it low once and then back to overflow so it would have been very easy for Scott to have always seen it full.  He just happened upon it when it was full.

Today I saw Jelly Geyser at Fountain Paint Pots in the lowest level I have ever seen it.  It looked like a dark brown hole in the earth, no color to the feature at all, with only a small bit of water in the bottom of the hole.

Fountain continues to be wondrously blue and is doing long intervals still.  Very few gazers are ever there now that Morning has stopped (speculation of course) erupting, yet many visitors are enjoying some amazing eruptions of Fountain.  Morning's Thief is still erupting before Fountain and Twig usually starts near the end of the eruption, some clues for gazers to know what is happening if they ever do venture to the Lower Basin.

Cheers...Maureen Edgerton