[Geysers] F&M video, 7/9/12.

Eric Hatfield conanvandt at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 20:30:22 PDT 2012

I made a cell phone vid of F&M on 7/9.  Several have requested it, so here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=862Xg0jsbwo&feature=youtu.be

Not intended to be a videophotographic masterpiece, but not half-bad for a cell phone.  The amazing bit is that I never had to so much as flinch while sitting on the benches closest to Fan.  I eventually stopped the camera when I got a little drizzle from Lower Mortar, but it was never enough to matter (mostly I wanted to go run through Fan....)

Anyway, a rare sight coupled with very rare perfect viewing conditions.  How often can you see F&M in bright sun on a hot day, with a slight breeze so perfectly directed that you have to TRY to get wet?

Enjoy.