[Geysers] Geyser report 14-15 Jul 12

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Jul 16 19:35:24 PDT 2012

Gordon only saw a dozen or so people swimming there? More than once there
were easily two dozen vehicles along that area with correspondingly
40-50-60 people in the water. I saw that more than once, and one time the
resulting traffic back-up was worse than in any animal jam I encountered this  year.

But "How is closing the largest and safest place to swim... good safety
policy." Hey, look around at all that's happening in the park -- it's the NPS.
I  believe that the Peter Principle fully applies to the existing NPS
hierarchy.  Many sit on their duffs in Mammoth and have no real idea as to what
is actually  going on out in the Park. (Unfortunately, this does not apply
only to  Yellowstone. Really, it increasingly is the modern NPS.)

Sorry, kinda off geyser topic but responding to a list item.

Scott Bryan

In a message dated 7/16/2012 6:41:40 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,