[Geysers] Access to Norris

Graham Meech meechg at verizon.net
Mon Jul 16 15:32:20 PDT 2012

I pushed my mom round Norris 10 days ago using a wheelchair rented from the
OF Clinic.  If you go toward Steamboat you can loop round the Museum on a
gravel trail.  Same elevation change as going through the museum but an easy
push or steady walk.  The path to the Porcelain Basin overlook near Incline
is pretty level although the gravel is a little soft (I had to pull the
wheelchair backwards for a bit to  prevent the front wheels digging in).
Other than that, it's a pretty easy run.  The boardwalk down to Constant is
fine but the push back is rather steep.

I also pushed my mom down the long steady slope to the back basin and round
the loop.  There are a few drops from the boardwalk to the ground that she
got up for since I was trying to avoid dumping her out of the chair .. too
many times.  There's also a steep rise near Green Dragon Spring where a
couple of people helped pull the wheelchair up the rise and a fair number of
roots and rocks to avoid.  The new boardwalk is good for the uphill push,
although a moving walkway would be nicer :)

Graham Meech