[Geysers] Correction to Brief report on Fountain and Morning, June 18-22, 2012

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 6 14:51:08 PDT 2012

CORRECTION:

I found an error in my earlier report on Fountain and Morning from June 22, 2012.  In the paragraph below, I listed the early Fountain time on June 21 as 0448.  It was actually seen at 0440ie.  Sorry to be so late with this correction.

"Fountain was seen ie at 0448 by Jim Scheirer on June 21.  Going with the idea that Morning might erupt mid-cycle between Fountains again, I and a number of other gazers went to Fountain.  The first number I have in my book is Super Frying Pan at 0901ie.  The Fountain eruption had turned Jet off, and it restarted at 0932 and proceeded to have 8-11 minute intervals.  The water level rose in Morning, and it began to boil.  The boiling continued to get stronger.  Polly Panos and I were both staring at the pool through binoculars when we saw a doming boil to about 2 feet.  Then there was a much larger doming boil and Morning started to erupt at 1040.  I decided to take video so I don’t have a record of the Jet eruptions during Morning but the intervals did not shorten to 1-3 minutes like they do when Fountain erupts.  They stayed in the same range as before."

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com