[Geysers] Morning and the "Granding" effect

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 5 22:42:15 PDT 2012

Sorry to be responding so late.  We did not see "Granding" in the eruption of Morning on June 21, 2012.  The bursts estimated at 200 feet were discrete bursts with spikes that seemed to touch the sky.  The ease with which Morning could reach that height was astonishing.  Someone asked me if there were a lot of blue bubbles (actually green bubbles since the water was murky).  Based on my video, about a third of the bursts had some blue/green in them.

Based on Google Maps, the distances to the center of Morning's crater are approximately 150 feet from the boardwalk in front of Fountain and 200 feet from the base of the stairs.  We were over 200 feet from the geyser when we made our height estimates.

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com