[Geysers] Black Diamond/Wall 1/13

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 13 16:14:00 PST 2012

Visitors reported a black eruption behind the Wall Pool sign sometime around mid-day today; they had no watch.  It lasted about 10 seconds.  A snowmobile group also saw it, so the visitor center may get a better time at some point.

The big black gravel marker is still in place at Fan & Mortar; the Giant signs have not budged.

For those webcam watchers, if you report an early Old Faithful eruption, including a guess on its duration would help the visitor center.  Our StarDot program rarely takes pictures before the sun hits the geyser, so we often have nothing to go by for the first prediction other than the geysertimes.org information.  Thanks!!!

Carolyn Loren