[Geysers] Purple Pools

David and Ginger Starck davidjohl at aol.com
Mon Feb 13 21:35:32 PST 2012

Joan,

I do have video of the South Purple Pool eruptions from 1998. That's the
good news!

The bad news is that the video is in Oregon and we are in Arizona. Also, I
have no idea how to send these to you except by USPS! It is currently on a
cassette along with other eruptions.

As I recall, we were sitting at Grand Geyser when Mike Keller called South
Purple Pool and a bunch of us ran down the boardwalk to the bridge and I had
to beg a fresh video tape from someone, so I was able to tape several of the
eruptions with rocks and sticks being thrown out and fish jumping in the
river where the runoff was flowing in.

I will be driving back to Oregon in a couple of weeks and can try to find
it.

I can be reached at davidjohl at aol.com

Do you have any hints as to how I may get you a copy?

Dave Starck