[Geysers] Unnamed geyser on Geyser Hill near Sponge (Schwarz)

Ralph Taylor ralpht at fuse.net
Tue Aug 21 16:27:45 PDT 2012

I agree (and was probably the one who told Graham the name).  As I recall,
Scott Bryan told me about Slot Geyser many years ago, way back in the last
century as I recall.  Having been out there in the course of my NPS duties
over the years, the eruption on the left in the image does originate from a
narrow crack in the sinter that looks like a slot while the larger hole on
the right in the image is not slot-like.  The alignment of
Plate-UNNG-Slot-Boardwalk-Park Place is very striking when looking along the
line.

Ralph Taylor