[Geysers] Steamboat Photos

David Schwarz david.schwarz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 19:24:27 PDT 2012

   The 2005 eruption of Steamboat reportedly lasted 15 minutes.  I'm no
meteorologist, but I'm skeptical about whether that that's long enough for
both the mostly-overcast sky of the first two photos and the mostly clear
sky of the third.

   Anyway, the third photo was attributed to Mike Keller in this article:
http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com/2010/11/some-it-hot-interview-yellowstone-national-parks-geyser-guru-mike-keller7261.
 If that's accurate, that would make it the Sept. 16, 1984 eruption.

David Schwarz