[Geysers] Oct. 29, 2011 another update on Wall/Black Diamond/Black Opal

MA Bellingham mabdepot at msn.com
Sun Oct 30 06:18:23 PDT 2011

Another update from 29 Oct 2011:  I arrived at Wall approximately 1140 and spoke with visitors who had seen another "large" eruption about 10-20 minutes before I got there. I asked "60?" and the man replied that was accurate.  He said flying rocks were visible in the eruption and the water was very dirty.  Other than heresay, I can't verify it, nor verify his accuracy in estimating height.  The small boys with him did excitedly confirm it was "Big!!".

In other news, the boardwalk on the south side of 'upper' Firehole/Hot Lake (the Artesia side) has been removed. All that remains are the stacked supports and a short closed section over the runoff channel.  My only editorial comment is that I have fond memories of the "Three Senses Trail" from years past.

M.A. Bellingham