[Geysers] Wall, Black Opal, Black Diamond Pool Explosion

Stephen Eide stepheneide at cableone.net
Sat Oct 29 12:02:23 PDT 2011

Hello all,

The pool remodeling has been going on for some years now as Black Diamond
has been intermittently active.  I have pictures (on a currently dead
computer, gotta remember to back up my picture files more often) from this
spring and Wall Pool, Black Opal, and Black Diamond were just one big pool
then. There was a wall of dirt almost to the surface of the pool level
between Black Diamond and Black Opal but they appeared to be at the same
water level.  Back when Hank Hessler and the Geology group caught the Black
Diamond eruption Black Opal Pool was still a few centimeters below the
level of the pool on Black Diamond.  My winter "when I get time" job is to
take the computer in, get the pictures and try to set up a pictorial time
line of the changes around Black Diamond.  That and cure my chronic
procrastination infection.

Stephen Eide