[Geysers] geyser report Monday June 27, 2011

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:29:49 PDT 2011

Beehive: 1632 with indicator at 1609 and 2 false indicators at 1149 and 1209
Plume: 0508, 0710ie, __, 0907, 1007, __, 1201, 1256, 1349, 1443, 1536,
1629.  The 1007 eruption had just 4 bursts.  At least 5 others had 5
bursts.
Lion initial @ 1739
Depression at 0810ie, 1221ie, 1342
Aurum 1206 and 1546
Castle: 1426 major
W Triplet 0701 d=32min, 1600
Rift 1637 (off by 1822--after the start of Grand)
Grand 0802 T3Q and 1819 1 burst turban start after an earlier turban
delay (maybe 28 minutes?) prior to Beehive (no details in my notes)
Oblong: 0832ie
Riverside: 0558ns, 1750ie
Grotto 0841ie
Spa 1224
Fountain 0929 d=34', 1504ns
Great Fountain: predicted for 1620-1650
Little Brother was ie at 0837
Dilapidated: 1217ie

Sunny and nice today with a breeze building in the afternoon,
especially on the hill.  28 degrees on my way in at 0600, and icy
boardwalks heading out to Grand for the AM eruption.  The snow pile
behind my apartment that was still 4-5 feet high a week ago when I
left the area is totally gone.  The field of shooting stars behind
aurum is disappointingly sparse this year.  Madison meadow near 7 mile
bridge is once again a meadow with a winding river.  I saw no elk or
bison on my trip in this AM until I reached OF.  What seem like record
numbers of  oxeye daisies on US 20 in Island Park have replaced the
glacier lilies that were so numerous 2 weeks ago.

I'll be out of the basin again tomorrow.

Barbara Lasseter