[Geysers] Norris 6-4-11

Mike Keller kscope_ynp at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 18:41:53 PDT 2011

Quick report from Norris:

Porcelain Basin-the far south end of the terraces is dead.  I thought it was
slowing down in mid May but today there was nothing erupting or jetting water on
this side of the basin.

Congress Pool is starting to refill and has brown, muddy water in it.  It has
come up about 3 feet in the past month, but is still about 10 feet below
overflow.

Blue Geyser was full, overflowing, and occasionally splashing to a few feet.

Constant Geyser is active, but I didn't get any data today.

Whirligig Geyser is not active.

Steamboat Geyser, in 30 minutes of observation, was 68% concerted.  I didn't see
any minor play reach more than about 15 feet.

Corporal Geyser continues to "erupt" this spring at 35-50 minute intervals.
While the play is only a few inches high, it is putting out a fair amount of
overflow.

Vixen Geyser erupted at 1127, d=41s and again at 1253, d=44s.  Both eruptions
had a few jets to 15 feet.  For most of May, it takes Vixen about 45 mintes to
start gurgling in its vent following an eruption.  If you get there and it's
quiet, you will have a farily long wait until the next eruption.

Pearl Geyser is full of water but not splashing.

I have seen no evidence that Forgotten Fumarole has erupted this spring.

MK