[Geysers] Morning Mist.- Attached are some photos. I have left them in high resolution.

inezaustin at aol.com inezaustin at aol.com
Sun Jul 24 20:23:38 PDT 2011

I have never known it to be dormant.  It simply depends on the time of year when it comes to the interval.  Since there are not longer log books at the trail heads and there has been difficulty leaving times at the VC it is very difficult to know when it erupts.  I leave a marker and it gets washed.  Some years in the fall it has a lot of aborted eruptions.I would think you have simply been unlucky.

Attached are two photos.  I have left them in fairly high resolution so you can see them. One shows the pre-eruptive bubbles and the second a typical 3-4 foot eruption.  Please be aware that they shall not be published without my permission and that my name must remain on them.  Inez

 Spelling error on Goggles......spell check just loves that one.  When I refer to "Pre-eruptive bubbles rarely last for more than 4 hours" I am talking late summer and fall.

Yes, the overflow goes into Nez Perce  Creek.