[Geysers] Help on a few room issues?

caros at xmission.com caros at xmission.com
Tue Jul 12 17:00:58 PDT 2011

Wondering if someone can help us figure out who the right admin person
in the park would be to talk about these issues:
1) Trish mentioned that the "utility fee" is actually optional. I
wasn't going to fuss too much until I looked and saw that this fee
amounted to $8.80 a night. If this money is going to fund things like
the new VC but leave us with those crummy miserable little latrines at
Lower and Midway, yes, I would feel really justified in withholding
the fee. Can anyone confirm that it is optional and if there's an
after-the-fact way to have this rescinded if we paid with VISA?
2) Other issue: We sprang for a Western Snow Lodge cabin in part for
the bathtub (sort of an alternative to Boiling River, closed with the
high river water all over the park). Problem arose when we got in the
first night and had no hot water. The maintenance fellow (took two
calls to get him there, so night # 2 with no chance of a bath)
actually admitted that two cabins share a 52 gallon hot water tank and
if someone gets to it before you do, you're kind of SOL till the tank
reheats the water an hour later. Adding to the fun was the fact that
the drain plug didn't actually hold the water. That took us till
around the 5th night to resolve. It seems unethical to charge $60
extra for a service the cabin is not set up to provide consistently.
Plus the usual one day having all the towels removed and no fresh ones
left and one day beds didn't get made. We did talk to the site
managers several times and got a little bit knocked off the bill, but
in retrospect, we should have been charged for a Frontier cabin for
the nights we had to jury rig the tub to get any hope of enough hot
water to bathe.

Anyway, anyone know the right person to kvetch to and verify that this
fee actually was optional?

Thanks!
Karen Webb

Fantasy with heart, mind, and soul!
Adventurers of the Carotian Union
Book 1: The Chalice of Life
Book 2: Tapestry of Enchantment (out now)
Book 3: Lamp of Truth (due spring 2011)
Book 4: The Life of the Smith (due fall 2011)
Published by Dragon Moon Press; available via publisher, through
Amazon, or from
your favorite local bookseller or library (we distribute through Ingrams's)
carotianunion.com for sneak peaks of the first two books

Free the Tehran 7
http://iran.bahai.us