[Geysers] more on F&M, and 1/13

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 13 15:22:21 PST 2011

When the F&M marker was placed on 1/9, there was a thin veneer of ice of the boardwalk it turns out, new snow in the marker area, but not much ice in that flat section.  When I was there placing a new marker on 1/12, there was quite a lot of ice in that area.

Today, 1/13, Grand was 1445 n.s., Riverside 1045 i.e. vr, and at West Thumb visitors saw Skinny around 1530.

The two Plumes I've seen today were 1514 and 1608, and Fountain was reported at 1108.

Carolyn Loren