[Geysers] Grotto shenanigans, and a researcher question

Janet Johns pinkconemtgo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 18:19:53 PST 2011

Dear Carolyn,

Lew and I have both noticed that it did not "seem" to be clockwork geyser, but since we are recovering volunteers, we no longer time geysers.  David Goldberg tried to interest us in a study of Lone Star because he also thought it wasn't clockwork, based on naturalist walks to the area.  So your impression is probably just the same "feeling" that isn't documented. We figured some time ago that direct observation is the only way to correlate the minors, majors and changes in the duration.  We don't think a probe would work without significant personal observation, if then. Hmmmm....why maybe a volunteer should spend some time in the area doing some documentation.

Janet Johns