[Geysers] UGB 12/1, 12/11 & 12/12

Graham Meech meechg at verizon.net
Tue Dec 13 16:30:37 PST 2011

Welcome home Carolyn.

You asked about Beehive and Plume.  When I visited the park in September I
retired from doing my daily email posts.   The information for them came
from the web pages maintained by Jake Young and Allan Glennon who have
worked hard to capture information and make it available, synchronizing data
between their sites too.  Check out www.geysers.net/mobile and
www.geysertimes.org .  Thanks must also go out to the many people that
provide data to those sites and self-police the reports to improve the
quality and eliminate most of the false reports (they don't happen often and
are usually caught and corrected).

To get a list of Plume or Beehive times you can see them by clicking on the
geyser name on the home page of www.geysertimes.org .
www.geysers.net/mobile  has a prediction for the next eruptions too.

Plume intervals are mostly 70-80min recently, much longer than this summer.
Beehive sightings are listed below - full moon has helped get some overnight
times recently but checkout today's interval - 9h15m with no indicator seen
before Beehive!  No false indicators have been reported (yet).  Dome is
active today too.

One final repeat plug is for Paul Thompsons chat page where a lot of webcam
watchers gather (especially when Beehive is due)
http://yellowstone.paulthompson.net/camchat/#Moose/OldFaithfulStream/OldFait
hfulVEC
<http://yellowstone.paulthompson.net/camchat/%23Moose/OldFaithfulStream/OldF
aithfulVEC>