[Geysers] Fan and Mortar 8/20/2011

jimscheir at aol.com jimscheir at aol.com
Sat Aug 20 17:19:14 PDT 2011

Dean told me that Fan and Mortar had a very strong event cycle on 8/19 at about 1900 but failed to erupt. When he then checked it at about 0630 today he found that it had erupted. The boardwalk and bridge were soaked, the geysers were quiet with some steaminess. We estimate the eruption time as 0400 + or - about an hour. That would give an interval of 2 days and 15 hours if the estimated time is correct.

Jim Scheirer