[Geysers] EXTERNAL: F&M - What's a "Lock"?

Freund, Udo udo.freund at lmco.com
Thu Aug 18 15:09:36 PDT 2011

The GOSA website has a nice description @ URL http://geyserstudy.org/geyser.aspx?pGeyserNo=MORTAR  or URL http://geyserstudy.org/geyser.aspx?pGeyserNo=FAN

Simply put a “lock” is when the upper vents of Fan erupt strongly and continuously in concert.  It’s not a simple as that, of course.  I’ll let others define it more fully if they’re so inclined.

Thanks,
Udo Freund
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
--Will Rogers