[Geysers] Fan and Mortar and other geysers 8/17/2011

jimscheir at aol.com jimscheir at aol.com
Wed Aug 17 15:40:22 PDT 2011

Some Geyser Times Today

Aurum  1216

Bulger's Hole  0550 ie - vigorous eruption

Daisy   0639, 1144, 1418

Castle  0338 major

Grand  0535, 1406

Fan and Mortar  1259 - details below

Grotto  0603 ie, 1359 ie

Lion  0742 ie, 0858, 1040, 1156

Oblong  0732 ie

Plume  0544 ie, 0837, 0935, 1032, 1320, 1418

Riverside  0816, 1423

I was at F and M most of the day so I probably missed some calls. Radio reception was poor at times.

Fan and Mortar

Most of the morning Angle was on. There was a normal cycle starting with River on at 0643, but Angle did not shut off before most other River on cycles. Angle had only been off a few minutes when the Event Cycle began.

1158 First Splash in Main. River had been off for some time with Angle splashing intermittently so it was a surprise. Splashing in Main continued at least once a minute until

1216 River on, with splashing in Main continuing.

1221 River off, River pause with splashing in Main continuing.

1240 River on.

1244 Gold on, water levels good.

1249 Angle on, water levels continued good with no worrying drop.

1257 Lock declared.

1259 East started the eruption. Some water landed in Norris Pool

1317 First pause.

1319 Restart of Fan.

1330 Last water.

d = 31 minutes