[Geysers] Fan & Mortar details July 24

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 12 13:25:58 PDT 2011

Sorry for the big delay, but I thought some people might be interested in the details of the July 24 eruption of Fan & Mortar.

July 23, 2011

2300 Main Vent roar
2329 Main Vent splash (it had been roaring the whole time, this was probably not the first splash but it was too difficult to see for sure)
2333 River on
2335 Gold on
2344 River off, Gold pause

July 24, 2011

0000 River on
0009 Gold on
0011 Angle on
0026 High Vent steady
0034 Fan & Mortar

The eruption started from a lock but I forgot to write down when lock started.  It lasted for a few minutes.  High was erupting steadily starting at 0026, but it took a while for Gold to join in (in fact, Gold was nonexistent for several minutes before coming back and joining in the lock).

If anyone has details for the August 4 and/or August 9 eruptions, I'd be very interested in having them.

Thanks!

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com