EXTERNAL: [Geysers] Beehive Railing

Freund, Udo udo.freund at lmco.com
Thu Apr 21 06:52:18 PDT 2011

It'll be gone around the same time the one at Aurum is removed, around the first of never.  In the name of safety there will probably be more "people corrals" in the basins.  Hope not.  What happens when someone is injured because a railing provided a false sense of security or blocks escape in a life-threatening situation?  I'm also concerned for critters who need freedom of movement in order to survive, but animals don't sue NPS, do they?

Thanks,
Udo Freund
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
--Will Rogers