[Geysers] Fw: radioactive rodents related to YNP geology

Ruth & Leslie Quinn ruthleslie.ynp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 20:15:39 PDT 2011

Lee, and all,
    The quote listed on the web site you listed is directly from John McPhee, Rising From the Plains (Farrar, Straus, & Giroux, 1986, page 199). As indicated, it was later reprinted in the more epic Annals of the Former World. There is a big, two-volume set of the results of a scientific conference on the national parks that we have in the Tour Guide Library that is the paper on which this is based. It sounds above board. The small mammals in question, by the way, had to be left, dead, on the photographic paper on the order of months, but by so doing they did indeed make a photographic impression of the outline of their bodies. I'll find the original source and repost it here. Just one of the rabble,
Leslie J. Quinn