[Geysers] Upper Geyser Basin 4/02/11, Churn is active!

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 11:35:47 PDT 2011

Lion was ie at 959 as I was putting on my snowshoes near the bike rack.   When I
got to the Sawmill Group, Penta looked like it may have erupted, since there was
water in the channel and the vents were spitting.  The water level was up in
Churn Geyser.  As I was heading towards Grand to check on the pool, I heard
splashing behind me, so I turned around, and Churn was erupting!  (1023)  There
was water in Grand, but the level didn't look great.  I saw Daisy erupt (1028)
as I was waiting for Turban.  I caught Turban eruptions at 1035, 1054, and 1114,
none with very good water levels in Grand's pool.  I also caught another Churn
at 1042, but the water level in Sawmill was rising, and Churn dropped after
that.

Other stuff:
Bulger: 1021, 1029, 1035, 1041, 1047,1056, 1102, 1109
Terracotta (not sure which one) 1031
OF 1039 (near end)
Lion 1109ie

I saw my first mountain bluebirds of the season out in the geyser basin!  There
were wolf tracks crossing Castle's boardwalk, about ten yards from the junction.

Karen Low