[Geysers] FAN & MORTAR 1027, Sept. 27, 2010

Bill Warnock billwarnock at wyellowstone.com
Mon Sep 27 16:53:44 PDT 2010

Fan & Mortar gave a beautiful roaring eruption at 1027 this morning in bright sun with rainbows, temperature in low 70s and no wind.  I had just finished breakfast at Lower Hams when Barbara called splashing in Main Vent at 0932.  I biked down to F&M.  Then:

0935 River on
0942 River pause
0947 BIG splash from Main Vent
1003 River on
1009 Gold/High on
1012 Angle on
1022 Splash from Upper Mortar
1024 BIG splash from Upper Mortar
1025 LOCK
1027 F&M
1101 Last water from Main and East

Upper Mortar started immediately after East Vent's big surge and went as high as I've ever seen it.  Both Mortars roared loudly.  I'll post some pictures later.

Other times:

Grand  0425E  1503 (T2Q)
Plume 0809
Artemesia 0908ie
Oblong 1053ie
Daisy  0926ie  1149  1415ie
Riverside 1132
Beehive Indicator  1120ie (No Beehive)

Gazer ranks are thinning.  Jim Scheir left yesterday.  Today was Barbara's last day..great farewell gift for her from F&M, and tonight Ralph Taylor and I are meeting for farewell pizza in West.  He leaves Sat.