[Geysers] A couple of geysers that I can't identify

Robin Reynolds reynoldshaertle at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 23 20:35:56 PDT 2010

Thanks, all. Great help. - Robin

From: sasmontana at hotmail.com
To: geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu
Subject: RE: [Geysers] A couple of geysers that I can't identify
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:30:09 +0000

Norris "A" is Fireball

From: reynoldshaertle at hotmail.com
To: geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 23:03:16 -0700

Can you help me name these geysers? I'm tagging them in my photo database and I'm about to hit 500 named features. OK, I must admit some are named Norris Feature A and West Thumb Feature C. :)

This one is behind Constant at Norris, if you are sitting on the bench on the boardwalk. I think it is Fireball, Pinto, or Arsenic?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36288910@N00/5014066574/in/photostream/

Here's a photo of it erupting at the same time as Constant, to give some perspective:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36288910@N00/5014066402/in/photostream/

This one is way back in the field behind Clepsydra. I took it from the boardwalk up on the hill just past the paint pots. I saw three eruptions about 10 minutes apart. They lastest - no kidding - about two seconds each. To get this shot, I held the camera on perched on my knee focused on just the right spot and pressed the shutter button when the thing erupted. Someone told me it might be Drain:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36288910@N00/5014066662/in/photostream/

For fun, here are a few pictures I like from my trip this year:
Fan Geyser: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36288910@N00/5014084148/in/photostream/
Uncertain: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36288910@N00/5014084458/in/photostream/
Grand Prismatic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36288910@N00/5013478631/in/photostream/ (My son took this one on a photo safari on the yellow bus.)
Doublet Pool: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36288910@N00/5014084302/in/photostream/ (It was thumping at the time.)