[Geysers] Fan & Mortar details, 8/28/10 and 9/5/10

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 19 21:01:39 PDT 2010

My sincerest apologies for the lateness of these reports.

August 28, 2010 (details from Dave Leeking)

Dave said he had taken shelter in the trees from a storm and missed a River pause and the beginning of Main Vent splashing.  These are his notes starting during the River pause:

1704 first Main Vent splash seen, splashing almost continuous until 1713 when it stopped
1713 Bottom Vent, d>6m, Main Vent seemed to pass the energy over to Bottom Vent
1719 River on, Bottom Vent quit sometime after
1724 Gold on, very good water levels from the start
1727 Angle on
1739 Lock
1744 Fan & Mortar

September 5, 2010 (details from Graham Meech)

0344 River on
0349 River off, River pause
0350 Main Vent splash
0401 Bottom Vent (d=8m)
0415 Bottom Vent (d=7m)
0425 Bottom Vent (d=2m)
0437 Bottom Vent (d=4m)
0443 River on
0447 Gold on
0447 Angle on
0455 Lock
0504 Fan & Mortar, d=34m

Thanks Graham for helping me cover the night and calling us down for the eruption.

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com