[Geysers] F&M plus a few times 10/13/10

Bill Warnock billwarnock at wyellowstone.com
Wed Oct 13 22:23:28 PDT 2010

I've seen some speculated possible F&M eruptions from recent reports compiled by Graham.  I was able to go to the Park this morning and saw Carolyn off duty.  She says the F&M marker was gone on Sunday morning, Oct. 10, and she replaced it.  It is still there.  I spent some time on Sat. Oct. 9 at F&M, and wasn't sure where the marker had been placed.  When I arrived around 1040, River was off, but there was splashing in Main Vent, and a big splash at 1047 over to East.  River came on at 1053, High/Gold at 1059; there was a Gold pause at 1103, and Angle came on at 1106.

Skipping on ahead, Main had big splashes at 1254, 1259, and continued splashing on and off through 1458.  Meanwhile, River had come on at 1302, paused at 1311, on at 1319, pause at 1325, on at 1422, pause at 1434, and on at 1507; it turned off at 1530, and I had to leave because of commitments in West Yellowstone.  Carolyn and I believe it went sometime after I left that afternoon and Sun. morning, when she replaced the marker.

Other times today 10/13/10:

Plume 0855  0958  1102
Grand  0202E  1106 ?2C
Riverside  1156 ie