[Geysers] More on East Sentinel

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Nov 10 07:42:26 PST 2010

A couple of items about East Sentinel. Noting that I have not had the
privilege to see it erupt since ??the early 1980s or so, I can say this:

1. I'm pretty sure East Sentinel had some eruptive activity this past
summer, sometime probably not too long before my arrival in the Park in late
August, as I saw signs of washing on the slope uphill, where the trees were
already browning.

2. I'm quite certain that the "side vent" described with this activity
is/are the same as what I put into my book's 4th Edition as "UNNG-MGG-2
("Sentinel's Vents")". The eruptions I saw in 2004 and 2005 were independent of
anything more than the normal boiling in East Sentinel itself.

Scott Bryan

In a message dated 11/9/2010 1:13:28 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,