[Geysers] geyser report Sat 5-22-10

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Sat May 22 15:55:03 PDT 2010

Another short day for me in the UGB.  When the huge gently falling
flakes started scurrying horizonally....

Castle had a major at 0740ie--Jim Scheirer had to leave his vigil on
Grand to walk to it to be sure if was erupting, it was that snowy.
The bike path was fairly clear, but nowhere else.

There had to be more than 1 coyote in the basin--one would disappear
in one spot and one would appear in another spot far removed.

I saw 1 plume at 0842, and likely missed an earlier one in the whiteout.

Grand 0852     W Triplet 0616
Oblong 0632
Daisy 0620ie, 0909ie
Grotto 0537ie

The Fan & Mortar marker was washed overnight and replaced this AM

Dome was ie at 0745, 0812, 0838

Beehive was about 0546VR

I watched for Fountain from the road for an hour starting at 1050 to no avail.

The snow showers came in waves.  There was a good bit of sunshine
while waiting for Fountain, but cool and breezy, blowing the Clepsydra
steam across the boardwalk.

Dunraven Pass opened yesterday then this AM was closed.  At 0930
Sylvan Pass and Beartooth were closed.  I did not hear that Craig Pass
closed, but did not dare get on the other side, just in case.  The
snow was not significant from Fountain Flat to WYS, coming or going.

Barbara Lasseter