[Geysers] Help on lodging?

caros at xmission.com caros at xmission.com
Tue Jun 22 20:44:25 PDT 2010

Wondering if anyone can help us out with a rooming problem. Our 13yo
would like to bring a (male teen) friend and the friend's family has
asked that we get a second room or suite or something of this nature
so we're not all in the same room together. Two questions:
1) Does anyone possibly have a reservation the week of July 4 they are
considering canceling in the OF area? Preference is Snow or other
cabins or anything but an extremely high end room in the Inn
2) Anyone know if one of the gazers is still the site manager for at
least the Inn? If we only bring Zayne (we were amongst those who
survivied the Great Flood of '09) is there a way other than dumb luck
to end up in one of the larger double rooms (ie, rooms with adouble
bed and we bring an air mattress). I know they've stopped the practice
of even allowing you to request a specific room, but we usually seem
to be on the receiving end of a clerk or computer who doesn't get that
those itty bitty rooms shared by three people for a week can drive
people stark raving mad? Does it help to mention you have
claustrophobia? Can you at least ask not to be put on the first floor
near the entrance/exit where the bus drivers smoke and people hitting
the crash bar tend to set up air currents that blast your window open?

Thanks for any help. I know this is short notice but also know this
tends to be the period where people (not gazers, of course) start
figuring out they can't go and cancel.
Karen Webb and family and maybe friend

Free the Tehran 7
http://iran.bahai.us