[Geysers] Current Activity PDF

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Jun 13 09:52:16 PDT 2010

Well, so here I was with nothing much to do. I hit the YNP Webpages (that
is, good ol' _www.nps.gov/yell_ (http://www.nps.gov/yell) ),  encountered
their "Concise information on Yellowstone's features and  attractions",
scrolled down the column labeled Geology, and found a PDF titled  "Current
Activity of Selected Geysers." In case you haven't seen this before,  that one-page
PDF is attached.

I find it interesting to see that the last eruption by Fan & Mortar was  in
2005, of Ginatess in 2006. I did not realize that an "Average Interval"
(singular) could be listed with two values, as with Old Faithful's "65 or 92
min".

You get the idea. Yeah, OK, the page has a disclaimer about being compiled
in 2007. But couldn't something like this be updated a bit more often?

Curmudgeonly yours,