[Geysers] Fan and Mortar details, 6/1/10

Pat Snyder riozafiro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 07:29:50 PDT 2010

Thank you, Tara. Here's a photo from the June 1, 2010, Fan & Mortar
eruption. On a personal note, I was really happy it erupted in daylight
after 2.5 days of waiting. Just wish it could have also delighted the
Memorial Day Weekend gazers, too.

While we waited for F&M the previous day, we saw an osprey suddenly drop
into the river near the bridge, quite close to the benches. It missed the
fish (lucky fish) but I was amazed by the loud sound the bird's wings made
when it hit the water. Also, when I bicycled back from the eruption, I also
saw two osprey hazing a bald eagle. The osprey tag-teamed their attacks and,
at one point, the eagle did two consecutive 360-degree rolls to avoid
talons. Impressive.

The sun also made a gorgeous halo above Fan Geyser as it was erupting. It
was a wonderful eruption enjoyed with great gazer friends.
Pat Snyder