[Geysers] West Thumb - Twin Geyser

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 21:24:05 PDT 2010

Wednesday last week (5/26/10), I was at West Thumb Geyser Basin.  The most notable change since winter is that Twin Geyser is no longer overflowing.  When I had last walked the basin in February, Twin was boiling vigorously, with lots of overflow in a wide channel down towards Abyss Pool.  Last week, Twin was bubbling slightly, and about six inches below the rim.
Tomorrow, my group will most likely walk West Thumb, unless the weather is horrid.  I'll take my camera with me.  I have pictures of Twin and its runoff channel from winter, and I'll see if I can get pics from similar angles to show the differences.
Karen Low