[Geysers] Perseids

Bruce Jensen bpnjensen at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 20:22:28 PDT 2010

It is important to remember that when viewing with a scope, the image is greatly magnified and the effect of ground borne vibrations is amplified.  I would guess that the seismic effects of some geysers would be sufficient to cause visible image effects when they are so magnified.  Think about the thumping at Doublet Pool, Sawmill or Oblong - if the scope were not isolated, it would wiggle enough to show effects at the eyepiece.

Bruce Jensen,

California, USA

"[Yellowstone] is a fabulous country, the only fabulous country; it is the one place where miracles not only happen, but where they happen all the time." ~ Thomas Wolfe