[Geysers] Perseids

inezaustin at aol.com inezaustin at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 00:24:14 PDT 2010

 If you can, the best gazing is closer to White Dome, in the parking area.  Ask at the back country ranger office if you can stay after they lock the gate.  We have taken the big scope these and gotten some nice exposures, the kind that take an 1-6 hours or more each for each picture.  The wobble when the eruptions happen can be a problem, so you may want to take a thick rubber mat.  Ours is 6' x 8' and an inch thick.  You will have problems with head lights at any other basin and trees at Madison.  Another thought would be closer to Ojo Caliente, we haven't tried there, tho.  Inez