[Geysers] Senate & geyser destruction

Kevin Leany kleany at cox.net
Mon Jul 12 19:59:39 PDT 2010

Lately Harry Reid (our "environmental" senator) has been running ads touting his involvement in the destruction of the geysers of Steamboat Springs south of Reno as a "great example of green energy".  He talks about how he saw all that steam as a little boy and thought about how he could put it to use.  It appears that he is looking at other sensitive areas also.  Although I don't think he is looking at Yellowstone, I can see him trying something nearby that could damage sensitive areas.  Below is a link about a big grant he gave Nevada Geothermal Power and some of the areas that they are looking at.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/energy/nevada-geothermal-power----senator-harry-reid-visits-ngps-blue-mountain/

You may want to contact your senators and oppose further destruction of sensitive areas before this idiot can do any more damage.

Kevin Leany
kleany at cox.net