[Geysers] Fountain, mostly

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 13:48:28 PST 2010

We've had few Fountain reports (as usual in winter); most have been between 1430 and 1600, though yesterday 1/7 it was reported i.e. at 1300.

I've caught it twice, most recently 1/3 at 1555 n.s., and saw Spasm i.e. at 1545, and Twig starting later on at 1614 n.s.  I don't know if this fits the pattern of this past summer or not.  By the way, it's been way too steamy to see what Morning's Thief is up to, at least when I've been there.

Today, 1/8, we had a 1614E time for Grand, and a 2332E for Castle last night.  The Fan & Mortar marker was in place this morning.   Fresh wolf tracks with 3 wolves crossing the bike path just north of Castle, 3 more sets near Orange Spring, and multipole tracks on the Lone Star trail.  A little warmer today, only negative 20 around sunrise.

Carolyn Loren