[Geysers] VR Old Faithful

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 2 13:33:00 PST 2010

I've since learned that no satellite clock was around, and various groups of visitors celebrated the new year at various times, depending on their cell phone's time.  So make that first 1201 OF a "vr" - some are saying 1202, others 1203...

Guess it was a short!

In non-geyser news, there are wolf tracks from overnight at Madison Junction, the amphitheatre, and on down the river past the confluence (I finally have skis here).  The wildlife researchers have detected the three-wolf Canyon pack in the area, as far down as Riverside Drive.  This may be a first, though they're a wide-ranging pack.

Carolyn Loren