[Geysers] Yellowstone Winter Use Plan (Stephens)

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 21 15:43:11 PST 2010

The comment period for the Yellowstone Winter Use Plan is open until March 30.  Doug Edgerton from West Yellowstone has put together a website http://plowyellowstone.org/ with some information on how to make comments on the proposed winter use plan.

One of the options that Mike Yokum favored in his book about the History of Snowmobile Use in Yellowstone (an excellent book if you haven't read it) was plowing the road from West Yellowstone to Old Faithful for winter use.  I don't have Mike's book here at the moment, but he indicated using buses could reduce pollution compared with using snowcoaches and plowing the road would reduce the cost to visitors, one of the points brought up on the http://plowyellowstone.org website.

Whatever your views on winter access to any of the areas of Old Faithful, I encourage you to comment on the proposed Winter Use Plan.

Lynn Stephens