[Geysers] Re: Obituary, Ron Pline

Andrew Hafner geyserhound at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 11 13:07:08 PST 2010

Hello All,

  I was saddened to hear that Ron Pline passed away. When I was in Yellowstone last June, I was told by Rob Haker and Mike Newcomb that Ron wasn't doing well. At least now he is no longer in pain.

  Back when I spent entire summers in the park, Ron and Gloria always looked forward to seeing me every year, around Labor Day. They would often take me to dinner or for ice cream somewhere around Old Faithfu, either at the lower store or the Geyser Grill.

 He was indeed talented; I have several of his framed geyser photos, with frames that he made himself from salvaged barn-wood. While he enjoyed all geysers, his favorites (to me, anyway) were probably Beehive and Great Fountain -- I used to see him a lot at those two, although he always watched Beehive from the overlook across the river, while I usually watched it from the Hill. I think he even got to see Giant from the start a time or two.

Andrew Hafner