[Geysers] Is "Hot Dog" A Geyser?

Mary Beth Schwarz schwarzmb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 09:05:04 PDT 2010

     That is an interesting story which I have never before heard.

     Since the baby marmots used to get into it (when the holes were smaller
and were not full of hot water) on cold mornings to keep warm, we called it
Baby Marmot Hole.  It is between Thumping Hole and the boardwalk.  I never
thought of it as being a vent of Spasmodic Geyser.  It usually is high and
overflowing in a Tardy cycle in which we might get an eruption of Penta.

     Mary Beth Schwarz