[Geysers] Webcam times 8/22/2010

william barger bkbarger at bresnan.net
Tue Aug 24 16:46:43 PDT 2010

Here is some additional information for Aug. 22, 2010.  I checked on Beehive a
little after 0600 and found the boardwalk wet from below Plume to between the
two lower benches at Beehive with the other boardwalk being dry.  I also
observed a Beehive Indicator at 0822ie and the Indicator that led up to the
Beehive eruption was seen at 1042ie (so a 44+ minute indicator before Beehive
started).  I am waiting to see Ralph's weekly download information to see when
Beehive erupted (?possibly between 3 and 4 AM)on Sunday.  (This may have been
another very short interval.)
Also, at 1222, Grand had a Vent delay, so I went to Great Fountain (since
Maureen had driven to the Upper Basin to radio the half hour prediction window
of 1:05 PM +/- 15min.  Great Fountain erupted at 1254 with a pause of 6 min.
and after several short burst it wowed us with a Super Burst (4 separate
bursts shot up through the first burst).  I left Great Fountain and headed
over to Fountain.  It erupted at 1343 with a duration of 29 min.  I saw Jim S.
headed for West Yellowstone (so I presumed that Grand had erupted), so I drove
home.  Kitt Barger