[Geysers] New OFVEC webcam

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Mon Aug 23 22:21:57 PDT 2010

What I find intriguing about the new building is that its tippy-top part
(that's architectural lingo) is visible from lots of interesting places
around the basin.  Like Daisy.  And Oblong, to name a few.  (I thought it
was supposed to - you know - not be all that big.  What happened?  And what
happened to the idea that the design would actually fit into the area?)

That tippy-top area would be the ideal place to have small, fixed streaming
cams pointed at various geysers or areas.  Just think of it - dedicated
cameras pointed at Oblong/Giant, the daisy group, sawmill and grand...

Alas, it's not to be.  They don't want to mar the wonderful lines of that
new building (or whatever)... No webcams way up high.

It's such a shame.  To think that this immense edifice could actually be
useful... but they put the kibosh on it.

Paul Strasser